4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 butter bar ( 8 ounces )
1 1/4 cups water, or as needed
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
1 quart oil for frying, or as needed
1 carrot (cut into cubes)
Green olives seeded
1 potato (cut into cubes)
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender. Crumble in the beef, and season with salt, add carrots, green olives, and potatoes. The meet has to be cold before you add to the empapada Doug.
For the Doug:
1. Mix the flour, salt , room temperate butter and add water, little by little.
2. You have to get a firm non stick Doug.
3. Form the dough into 2 inch balls.
4. On a floured surface, roll each ball out into a thin circle. Spoon some of the meat on the center, then fold into half-moon shapes. Seal edges by pressing with your fingers.
5. Heat oil in a deep-fryer Place one or two into the fryer at a time. Cook for about 5 minutes,on both sides. Drain on paper towels, and serve hot.